My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Dr. Thaddeus C. Harker

Coming soon from Altus Press, the complete series in one volume, featuring this interesting pulp character. I wrote the Introduction for the book, plus a new story, but we decided not to include the new story in the reprint volume due to the rights going to another publisher. Instead, I rewrote the story as another character and published it on Kindle.  The Silence of Death is available on Kindle, and will give readers unfamiliar with the character a peek at what the series was like. I know you will like the Altus Press reprint volume, and I think you will enjoy The Silence of Death also. Check it out.

In The Silence of Death, Colonel Jeremiah Custer's Wild West Show comes across murder in a small Texas town. A mystifying murder mystery ensnares the famous criminologist and sharpshooter, Colonel Jeremiah Custer when his
 team encounters a young boy accused of mayhem. The lad cannot deny the
 charges for he can neither hear nor speak. The scientific brain of the
 greatest man hunter is put to task as he attempts to unravel this new crime! The ex intelligence officer puts his scientific brain to work to
 prove that the deaf mute boy is not the killer. Follow Colonel Custer and 
his aides as they unravel this deep mystery, and bring to justice this evil
murderer.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to it. I first encountered this character in ECHOES. Same edition which discussed the Park Avenue Hunt Club (would love to see some reprints of THAT series).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tim,
    Although I have the three published stories, I'm also looking forward to the Altus Press release. Doc Harker was an interesting character by a Texas writer who wrote under numerous pen names for the pulps, including the Jim Anthony novels. From reading those, you understand that he could have written a Doc Savage easily. Be sure and get the AP volume, and if you have a chance read my story also.

    ReplyDelete