My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Monday, October 8, 2012

Death's Dark Domain


Death’s Dark Domain (Doc Savage)
By Kenneth Robeson (Will Murray)
Altus Press www.altuspress.com/
ISBN #978-1618270825
$24.95 Paperback
325 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

“A Thrill-A-Minute Ride!”

When Pat Savage receives a strange package, it sends Doc, Monk and Ham off to Europe where war drums are sounding between Tazan and Egallan. Long Tom has already departed by ship. It seems John Sunlight had sold super weapons from Doc’s Fortress of Solitude to the two warring neighbors. Doc wants the deadly weapons back, but complicating the situation is the terror-field area between the countries, called Ultra-Stygia.

Hold on to your hat. Things are going to get wild. Just in time for Halloween, Will Murray takes Doc Savage where Lester Dent could never take him. In a land seeming to be infested with vampires and werewolves, you can add invisible Cyclopes to the mix for more fun. A deadly spore may have infected poor Pat, so she is left behind in the care of doctors.

In this latest Doc Savage adventure, Will Murray proves once again that he is the rightful successor to the character. Doc and his aides are in top form, and the story moves full steam ahead without let-up. As much as I loved the previous entries, Death’s Dark Domain out does them all in fantastic adventure, and the man of bronze tackles the action head-on in a non-stop thrill-a-minute read.  The book production and design by Altus Press, along with the new cover by Joe DiVito makes this book a gorgeous keepsake.

Tom Johnson
Echoes

No comments:

Post a Comment