My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Tiger Division Alternate Patch

During America’s involvement in Vietnam, we often forget that the soldiers of other countries fought along side of us. I spent a year in Vietnam, serving in two areas, Nha Trang and Bien Hoa. As an MP, we had many occasions to interact with our brothers in arms, the ROK (Republic of Korea) units. These were brave fighting men, who performed their duty with heroism and the ultimate sacrifice. It’s time we acknowledged their contribution to the war against communism. In 1959 and ’60, I was a young soldier assigned to the 1st Cavalry on the DMZ, where we patrolled the border with Korean soldiers. Even then we were still under fire, and the Korean soldiers distinguished themselves with high honors. Over the next few days, I will be posting the ROK Patches of the units that served in Vietnam alongside our American troops. Let’s remember to acknowledge and honor our Korean brothers in arms. The Korean DMZ Group is at  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Korean_DMZ/?yguid=321995096

No comments:

Post a Comment