My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Sunday, June 9, 2019

Westfarrow Island

Big Anthony Tagliabue is a local character whose fiancée Agnes Ann owns a stable on the eponymous offshore island. She is secretly training a promising filly for the track when she discovers that Tagliabue also harbors a secret: he's a deep cover operative who is called to duty when a Russian spy ship transits the coast on her way back to St. Petersburg. Giselle, his enigmatic and exotic handler, intimates that his mission to rescue a defector from the Leonov might also ameliorate his thirst to find the killers of his mate. Agnes Ann is not so sure about Giselle. The result is a tense tale of high seas adventure off Georges Bank, racing drama at Saratoga, bloodletting in the north woods and intrigue on Westfarrow Island. Tagliabue is a bona fide modern day hero with a big right hand and a fast gun hand. His literary thriller will keep you reading in thrall until the last page.


Westfarrow Island (Literary Thriller)
By Paul A. Barra
The Permanent Press www.thepermanentpress.com
ISBN #978-1579625686
Price $29.95 (Hardback)
Price $9.99 (Kindle)
251 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

“Fast Paced And Exciting Action”

There is more to Big Anthony Tagliabue than first meets the eye. When his shipmate is killed in an explosion on the cargo boat, he almost loses the boat also. Then the mysterious Giselle, a secret agent brings Tagliabue into a case involving a Russian spy ship on the way back to Saint Petersburg. This is a dangerous assignment for the tough Tagliabue who also wants to solve his shipmate’s murder. Plus, his girlfriend is secretly raising a filly for the tract at her offshore island stables.

There was enough plot and mystery for two books. Good characterization, and the exciting action moved smoothly, keeping the reader turning the pages. Highly recommended.

Tom Johnson
Author of INVITATION TO DEATH

No comments:

Post a Comment