My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Fangs and Claws

Fangs and Claws (Horror)
By Cameron Joseph
Independent Publishing Platform
ASIN # B076YNXH9G
63 Pages
Price $0.00
Rating 4-Stars


Ballard Stone buys a large area of land that has a tract of forest with trees that reach up to the heavens. He sends his nephews, Seath and Duncan to the forest as workers. He has already sent in his crew boss and foreman. The boys take their girlfriends along for the adventure, but there is already someone else in the woods: Raven Shadow, a witch, and her companion, a huge half man, half beast, over seven foot tall, with a sabertooth cat head, and fierce claws. Raven is determined that Ballard Stone will not have his way.

A fun read, but perhaps would have been better read around a creepy campfire on a dark night. The book, even short, would have benefited from an editor, or at least a proofreader. Reminded me of some slasher/sex teenager movies from the 1970s and ‘80s. The language, slashing, and sex could have been cleaned up to give us a great yarn with witches and monsters. Highly recommended.

Tom Johnson
Author of Carnival of Death

No comments:

Post a Comment