My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Monday, March 11, 2019

The Last Shuttle Flight

Think NASA's last shuttle flight was the end of American technological space dominance?
July 21, 2011 might have been the final date of the Atlantis shuttle flight, but it sure wasn't the end of amazing discoveries.
In PART 1 of this fictionalized series of that flight, the crew comes into first contact with alien extraterrestrials who discover the Atlantis space shuttle as they are finishing their last few orbits around Earth.
If earthlings are stunned at this UFO sighting, the aliens are even more stunned. . 


The Last Shuttle Flight (SF/Alien Contact)
First Alien Contact Part 1
By J. Jack Bergeron
Independent Publishing Platform
ASIN #B00DPNXR2M
Price Free (Kindle)
90 Pages
Rating 4-Stars

When the Atlantis Shuttle flight was preparing to leave orbit and return to the planet’s surface, no one expected what was to happen. An alien spaceship passing through our solar system recognized our space technology and followed the shuttle craft in to it’s landing at White Sands. Stuart Cobey is vacationing in the national park nearby with his girlfriend, and he was known for his articles on speaking with aliens of higher technology. He is whisked by helicopter to White Sands where he commences dialogue with the alien pilot.

This wasn’t a bad story, though it was a little presumptuous to believe an alien 40 millions years advanced of our technology wouldn’t be able to initiate dialogue without help. Didn’t we learn anything from Star Trek. The awkwardness of Cobey trying to teach the alien our language was a bit contrived. The story ends as a mother ship arrives to take the alien and Cobey to their home planet, so the rest of the story continues in future issues. The novelette was free, as is the sequel, I believe. And it is an interesting concept. Well worth reading, if you have a few hours to kill.

Tom Johnson

Author of THESE ALIEN SKIES

No comments:

Post a Comment