My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

First Contact

Aliens are coming to this world. But why? And what is their ultimate aim? Will our first contact with an alien civilisation be like this? Please note that this is fiction and not a discussion of UFOs, etc.


First Contact (SF)
By Hugh Ashton
Independent Publishing Platform
ASIN #B07CG99D1S
Price Free (Kindle)
Short Story
Rating 3-Stars

A ship explodes on the sea, and there’s no debris as evidence it ever existed. Then a huge Mother ship (UFO) comes from the dark side of the moon and settles on the water where it just floats for awhile. Finally, as military ships gather around the huge mother ship a text message appears all over the world. The aliens want to see the leaders of the world. At first every nation sends their leaders, the opposition parties, and general, etc, but the aliens blow them out of the water, and once again demands just the leaders.

The ending was a surprise, and the whole thing kind of curious, but it wasn’t really worth becoming involved with the story, as it offers very little imagination. Just a short writing experiment at best - maybe for a book club assignment. Maybe 15 minutes to read it, then another fifteen minutes to read a chapter of one of the author’s novels, which was also added. If you have a few minutes between books, take a chance, you might like it.

Tom Johnson

Author of THESE ALIEN SKIES

No comments:

Post a Comment