My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Dangerous Aliance

United Nations’ sanctions are crippling North Korea. China has turned her back on her malevolent partner. The North Korean military machine is crumbling, unable to function. Oil reserves are minimal and the government seeks new alliances.
Cargo and tourist ships are disappearing along the Somali and Kenyan coastline at an alarming rate. Speeches abound, but inaction emboldens Al-Shabab to seek their next prize: Kenya. The terror organization controls land but requires weapons.
Bedlam Bravo team leader Colonel Trevor Franklin (Ret.) leads the small international team into East Africa. Tempers flare as the team is embroiled in a political quagmire. The axis must be stopped to avert an international crisis but at what cost?


Dangerous Alliance (International Thriller)
By Randall Krzek
Independent Publishing Platform
ISBN # 978-1730912412
409 Pages
Price $18.99 (Paperback)
Price $4.99 (Kindle)
Rating 4-Stars

While a North Korean politico is attempting to trade weapons for oil with Somalia pirates, England has put together the Bedlam Bravo team to ride ships hoping to stop pirates from capturing ships and holding them for ransom. But there is a lot more going on in this international intrigue than meets the eye.

The author’s writing style captures the reader from the first page to the final end when everything comes together nicely. My only complaint, and it’s a minor one, for its length the story was slow and easy to put down when I should have been reading. For over 400 pages you need a lot of action to keep the reader interested. The viewpoint switches too often, breaking up sequences that should have been followed through. There’s nothing wrong with switching viewpoints, though I wasn’t all that interested in the pirates’ viewpoint, and felt the over all story slowed when viewpoints jumped around. There’s not enough action early on. Oh, the Bedlam Team trains in maneuvers of taking hostages from terrorists on ships to help with their real job in the future with pirates, but the training seems too pat, and we know the real thing is never as easy as the training. Training is a necessity, but you must train for every scenario to be efficient in any given task, and people get killed when real bullets are flying. However, the intrigue cannot be overlooked, and I highly recommend this international thriller.

Tom Johnson
Author of ASSIGNMENT NINA FONTAYNE

No comments:

Post a Comment