My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Thursday, June 29, 2017

First Mission Paris

"A standard half-comic secret agent thriller with an overeducated protagonist undertrained in standard James Bond skills or attitudes."

When the news about a stolen list of Europol’s crucial undercover agents hits the global black market, agency’s top man Enrico Moretti is sent to Paris to retrieve the list, minimize the damage and capture the traitor. ClichĂ©? Maybe… But this young Italian isn’t James Bond - he doesn’t know much about fighting, chasing or killing. But he knows something about seducing. And gambling. And drinking. And being a former police negotiator, most of all: storytelling. So when he gets a proper cover story, unlimited amount of money to spend in the City of Lights and teams up with a beautiful but dangerous black-haired girl and tough guys from Balkan’s underground, his mission can begin…


First Mission Paris (Spy)
By Leone R. Giuliani
Independent Publishing Platform
ASIN #B01DCR0R28
Price $2.99
174 Pages
Rating 2-Stars

“Poor Structure, Wordy, and Badly Edited.”

The story begins with an informer entering the Europol office in The Hague, offering information for thirty million euros. Number Four calls in their new agent Enrico Moretti, a rich playboy fond of super-charged automobiles and beautiful women. The only thing redeeming was the Paris backdrop for the story. Unfortunately, for me the story failed as a spy novel, and felt more like a sex romp of a teenage boy’s first trip to the City of Lights. It was poorly written, badly edited, needed work on the structure, and way too many characters to keep straight.

Tom Johnson
Author of ASSIGNMENT: NINA FONTAYNE



No comments:

Post a Comment