My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Monday, March 7, 2016

The Hooded Person

The Hooded Person (New Pulp)
By Wayne Greenough
Devine Destinies www.devinedestinies.com
ISBN #978-1487406868
41 Pages
Price $..99
Rating 5-Stars

A hooded vigilante is protecting the city. The police want The Hood identified and stopped. Captain Holt of the police department wants P.I. Thanet Blake to use his underworld connections in finding the so-called Pulp Hero, and bring him in to the station. But Blake thinks maybe the city needs the mysterious fighter, and he already has a few suspects who just might be The Hood. There is rumor of a dead cop who was on the take that might have something to do with why the vigilante was in town, and if Blake can discover the story behind that, he may bring the case to a close.

Okay, this was a fun story, with plenty of suspects. The Hooded Person, just called The Hood most times, dresses all in black, wearing a black hood; all that’s visible are blue eyes. Six feet, slim build, moves with feline grace, and uses martial arts to take out four men at a time. The problem is, The Hood has been seen in two places at the same time. Could one be a copycat? The story takes the reader back to the pulp magazine days. Highly recommended.

Tom Johnson
Author of BLIND AS A BAT



1 comment: