My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Friday, February 5, 2016

Tom Mix Rides Again

Tom Mix Rides Again

Amazon has just released Darryle Purcell’s latest Buckskin Edition western adventure of the Hollywood Cowboy Detectives, Mystery of the Howling Angels. The kindle Edition can be purchased for $0.99. When it is released at a later date in paperback, Howling Angels will be accompanied by Mystery of the Black Widow.

Classic western stars Tom Mix and Hoot Gibson join Republic Pictures flack Sean “Curly” Woods in a race from Hollywood to the Cherokee Strip in Oklahoma. With bounties on their heads, the Hollywood Cowboy Detectives are one step in front of murderous agents of the Congressional Shadow Caucus, an organization of federally elected officials who support an alliance with Nazi Germany. With the assistance of G-man Donovan Slate, the trio engage in shootouts on Route 66 in California, battles against an attacking force in Phoenix, Arizona, and on a passenger train in Texas, and aerial combat and ambushes in the wilderness of the legendary Hundred and One Ranch on the panhandle of Oklahoma.


Warned by tribal spirits and dogged by visions from beyond the grave, the western heroes tackle traitors who have chosen to carry the banner of evil against their own country. Tom, Hoot and Curly fight for their lives through the first week of 1939. Another Great War is coming, and, although they remain secret to most citizens, the first battles are waged in Washington and America’s great Southwest. Old friends and new unite in the struggle against fascist killers, some of whom consider themselves patriotic Americans.

Purcell writes the series in the style of the great Saturday matinee serials of the 1930s and illustrates them along the lines of the western pulps of the same era.

No comments:

Post a Comment