My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Heroes of Ancient Greece

"Heroes of Ancient Greece" by Tom Johnson & Others. The stories capture the best of the sand and sandal flicks of our youth. This collection has four enjoyable tales by three authors who grew up with those muscle-men action adventures also. The first half of the book is allotted to Hercules with two adventures, while the second half is devoted to Atalanta. Hercules and the Moon Goddess by Tom Johnson pits the mighty half-mortal half-god against the Moon Goddess, a woman from another world with a crew of giant robots at her command. Michael A. Black then presents Spawns of the Titans, in which the mighty Hercules must battle a sea monster and a giant Cyclops to free an island of chained slaves. Artist Ron Wilber starts off the second half with The Legends of Atalanta, a three-page comic book retelling the legend of the mightiest female warrior that ever lived. Tom Johnson then returns with Atalanta and the Golden Lion, telling the story of Atalanta's journey to Africa on the Argo to battle a prehistoric beast and giant golden lion. And finishing up this fantastic collection is Ralph Horner's Atalanta Alters the Tide of Alida. Atalanta must travel to the undersea kingdom of Atlantis to save its people and destroy a number of foes in the arena. Cover image by Ron Wilber, and colors by Sarge. Based on Greek Mythology, the stories lean towards science fiction and fantasy, and you can tell the authors enjoyed writing these romps in mythical adventures. As you read them, you will imagine each story as a film produced by the famous Italian directors of the 1950s & `60s. Long out of print, but Tom has one copy left for $16.50 post paid (US).


No comments:

Post a Comment