My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Echoes 30


ECHOES 30: From Tom & Ginger Johnson, three decades of Pulp Fandom’s greatest hobby magazine. Echoes is the longest-running pulp fanzine of all time, in print from June 1982 through December 2004. It is back for a special 30th anniversary issue, and it’s the largest single-issue pulp fanzine ever published. Enjoy over 300 pages of articles on pulps as well as a pair of classic reprints, written by pulp experts. The following fiction is included:

“The Green Ghost” by Johnston McCulley
“The Red Sword” by John Drummond
“The Black Shadow”, a Dorus Noel story by Tom Johnson

Articles on The Black Hood, Red Finger, Pulp Ladies, Lone Wolf Detective Magazine, The Octopus & Scorpion, Captain Future, Captain Satan, Masked Detective, Dr. Zeng, Green Ghost, Secret Service Smith, The Shadow’s Ladies, The Spider, Belmont Shadows, Red Mask, Secret Agent X, Dan Fowler, Moon Man, Bronze Shadows, Johnston McCulley, and many, many more; including new pulp characters as well.

A pulp collection for the pulp community, with many photographs of the early pulp researchers and conventions, and filled with scans of your favorite pulp covers, and packaged as only Altus Press can produce them. This 7 x 10 perfect bound book is priced at a mere $24.95.  Available on Altus Press (preferable on Altus Press so we can keep track of early sales) http://www.altuspress.com/ and on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1618270796/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1618270796&linkCode=as2&tag=altpre-20


No comments:

Post a Comment