My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Doc Savage: His Apocalyptic Life


Doc Savage: His Apocalyptic Life (Bibliography)
By Philip Jose Farmer
Altus Press www.altuspress.com/
ISBN #978-1618271273
294 Pages
Paperback $24.95
Hardback $35.00
Rating 5-Stars

“The Definitive Edition”

This new edition of Phil Framer’s original bio/bibliography of the fictional Doc Savage has been re-edited by Win Scott Eckert, with a brand new cover by Joe Divito, and completely updates the original book published back in the ‘70s. I bought the original paperback edition when it was first released, however that issue was updated with several following editions. This will probably be the final updated version. Beautifully designed and produced by Altus Press, with all new edits and updates, and a knockout cover, this book outshines all previous editions. A must have for all Doc Savage fans, and followers of Philip Jose Farmer.

Tom Johnson
Echoes Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment