My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Monday, July 15, 2013

Loose Ends


Loose Ends (Detective Thriller)
By James Phoenix
ISBN #978-1490311944
White Cap Publishing
Price $27.95 (Hardback)
370 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

“An Enjoyable Read”

Private-eye Fenway Burke is called to meet 94-year-old Mob Boss Morris Gold, and given a hefty retainer to find his grandson’s wife who has disappeared. But there is more to it than just the girl’s disappearance. Alonzo Gerimo Gonzales, the head of a Columbia drug Cartel, has kidnapped her where she is kept is being kept in an armed camp in the jungle. Gold Calls in “Ax” Rognan Ericson to assist Fenway in the rescue attempt.

Fenway Burke is an ex Marine, and ex cop, now working as a private investigator Marblehead, Mass, where he lives with his wife and daughter on a sail boat. Ax is an ex SEAL. Both men are 4th degree black belts in karate and Tae-Kwan-Do, and weapons experts.

My Review copy was an uncorrected proof, and at times it was a mess getting through the text. Lots of typos and formatting problems, but I’m sure these were all corrected for the final version. The writing was fun, the story telling sharp, and the characters came alive. A shame we don’t see some martial arts action, but the story comes to a close as rival drug gangs attack the compound, and our heroes escape in a helicopter with the girl.

Tom Johnson
Detective Mystery Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment